Welcome Class of 2021!
We are very excited to welcome each of you to the MSHC Class of 2021! In getting to know each of you, we are inspired by your hopes and dreams for improving healthcare. Improving healthcare is the essence of our MSHC Program.
On this page, we want to provide you with some important information to assist you as you make your final decision to attend the MS Health Communication Program and to ensure that you complete all of the university and program requirements for matriculation.
If you have any questions at any point, please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly: email@example.com.
Orientation will be on Friday, September 18 and will include a synchronous Zoom session. There will also be some asynchronous material available through Canvas (see below). More information will be forthcoming.
Classes start on Saturday, September 19. Please review the updated Academic Calendar. A pre-matriculation survey will be e-mailed in late August that includes information about registration.
MSHC courses, except for the international student course, will be fully remote for Fall Quarter. Classes will have synchronous sessions on Saturdays along with some additional asynchronous components. Due to government regulations, the international student course will be a hybrid course containing both remote sessions and required in-person sessions.
Here are some official university announcements on Fall 2020 and COVID-19: Updates on Fall Quarter
- Here is a detailed Guide for Accepted Students.
- Here is the required Northwestern University Health and Immunization Form. This requires a doctor’s signature and information from your health records. We encourage you to start early on this. Students who do not turn this in are blocked by the university from registering for winter classes.
- For those of you who are interested in receiving institutional need-based financial aid, you will need to file the FAFSA. Additional information on Student Loans and other forms of financial assistance can be found here.
- The MSHC Program uses Canvas as the online course management system. Information will be posted here in late-summer once the Class of 2021 site goes live.
- For those of you moving from out of town, here is some information about living in Chicago.
- Join the MSHC LinkedIn Group – contact Monica Degenhardt for an invitation.
Reminder: All students must have submitted official copies of their transcripts prior to matriculation.