Congratulations to the Master of Health Communication
Class of 2020 & 2021
- Date and Time: Saturday, August 28, 20201 at 10:00am CST
- Location: Thorne Auditorium, Pritzker School of Law, 375 E Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL
- Parking: View the parking garages on our Chicago campus. Graduates will be provided two parking validation tickets when checking in at the Thorne Auditorium.
- Huron Superior (Parking A: 222 E. Huron St.)
- Erie Ontario (Parking C & D: 321 East Erie St.)
- If you need additional parking pass(es), please email Monica.firstname.lastname@example.org no later then August, 20, 2021
All graduates should arrive between 9:00am – 9:30am CST and must check in at the “Graduates/Faculty/Staff” table, located outside Thorne auditorium. Once checked in, the MSHC team will escort you to meet up with your other cohort members.
Guests of graduates should arrive before 9:45am CST. You must check in at the “Guests” table outside of Thorne auditorium and be seated by 9:55am. Seating will be available on a first come, first serve basis.
- 9:00am-9:30am – All graduates should arrive in this timeframe. Please check in at the Graduates/Faculty/Staff” table, located outside Thorne auditorium.
- 9:00am-9:45am – Guests of graduates should arrive and check in at the “Guests” table outside of Thorne auditorium. You will be seated by 9:55am CST. Seating will be available on a first come, first serve basis.
- 9:55am – Graduates are all lined up and ready to enter Thorne Auditorium, guests are seated, livestream begins
- 10:00am – Procession begins of graduates, down the middle row of stairs
- 10:01am – Welcome address by Dr. Lambert
- 10:10am – Message from Dean E. Patrick Johnson (recorded video)
- 10:14am – Dr. Ngozi Ezike’s Keynote remarks (recorded video)
- 10:30am – Dr. Lambert presents the students for their degrees
- Names will be read by Dr. Liss in alphabetical order by last name according to the program
- Class of 2020 names will be read first, followed by the Class of 2021
- The row of graduates will stand, follow Monica to the stage left. Graduates will walk down the stairs and wait for their name to be called.
- When your name is called, you will walk across the stage, take a diploma cover from the table, say thank you’s for up to 20 seconds into the free-standing microphone (thank you’s must be appropriate!). You will then pose for a socially distanced professional picture with Dr. Lambert (masks must remain ON!) and will walk stage right off back to your original seat.
- 11:15am – Dr. Lambert’s closing remarks
Graduates and guests may park in the Parking A, C, or D lot. Please use this map to locate the address of the parking garages.
All visitors to Northwestern’s campus must adhere to the University’s safety protocols, which are based on current public health guidelines. The Illinois Department of Public Health and Northwestern require community members to wear masks indoors and at large outdoor gatherings or events. Masks must be worn for the entire duration of the event. All graduates and guests must also monitor symptoms and avoid campus if you are experiencing COVID-19-related symptoms. Testing will not be required, but it is strongly encouraged and offered to graduates participating in graduation ceremonies. If you have any questions about testing, please email NU-COVIDemail@example.com.
- Masks and hand sanitizer will be available at the check in tables
Questions and Concerns:
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Monica Degenhardt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unable to Attend:
If an emergency arises and you are unable to attend, please contact Monica Degenhardt at email@example.com.
We look forward to celebrating your accomplishments on Saturday, August 28, 2021!